POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Tek
Date: 22 Feb 2004 16:22:25
Message: <40391d91$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:4038bb04@news.povray.org...
> Tek <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> > We like the clunkier syntax *because* it is harder to use and requires more
> > thought from the programmer. In our situation this is a good thing.
>
>   Good luck trying to maintain and enhance such code in the future then.

What the heck do you think I've been doing for the last 5 years?!

I'm not talking about some nice theory on a strategy for writing code, I'm
telling you the way that we actually do it. You can disagree all you like, but
this approach *does* work.

In terms of maintenance, this approach again makes it easier to optimise code
(even code you're not familiar with) because you can always see at a glance what
functions are being called where. This is ugly and confusing information if you
are thinking purely in terms of theoretical algorithms, but in our world the
reason you are looking at the code is precisely to see that very information! We
put this extra info there not because it clutters the code, but because it is of
use to us.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com